Sunday, May 17, 2009

Different day same feelings!

Hi,

Been wanting to write another segment for the past month and there have been too many topics. But, this email hit me. It was an email I wrote to send to my friends in the U.S, on the 30th of May 2007. It never went out. It is still sitting in the Inbox. I guess it was meant for today :)

--------
Hola Friends,

Long time and no hear from raj. I am sure most of you are thinking well, that was good. Sorry to interrupt the pleasant silence from Raj.

What have I been upto?
Zip, nada, zilch if you look at it in one way and hell of a lot from another perspective. Completed two scripts here in India and have been building relationship with studios and producers (bullshttng with them). The field of filmmaking is subjective and that makes the ride magical and torturous. But, one thing though, if it does not crush your spirits and soul, then you are for sure a better person at the end.

On social side: Spent some time with grandmother in a small town called Bhimavaram. She and I have become good friends and it seems the older we get we seem to be getting closer. One spirited woman, whose first line of any conversation, phone or otherwise is "when will you get married?" my reply: march 8th 2008, that is when a film will be almost complete for raj and that is when things might happen on the personal front :) (no one in the picture, nothing wrong in wishful thinking though, especially when it brings a smile to my grandma's face.

I miss U.S and all of you guys.

I have rented a bungalow along with another friend that I had made in London. Both trying out for films here. I am still living off 2 suitcases (its been that way for 2 years now) and the lighter I get , the better I feel. The more honest my approach is to life. It is more clear what I want and dont want.
----------
So much of the film stuff is still relevant. more soon,
Raj

2 comments:

  1. march 8th 2008

    seems there is a mistake in this date...

    any ways allthe best for ut BOnI...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raj,

    two years later....this letter looks too optimistic...But nevertheless the date was and ur granny still should be questioning you....

    ReplyDelete