Thursday, June 11, 2009

BONI (T - 1)

Less than 20 hours before the projectors come alive for morning shows in all over Andhra Pradesh, India. 110 of those theaters will be carrying a film presented by Green Mangos Cinema, Starring Sumanth Kumar & Krithi Kharbanda, Art by Anand Sai, Costumes by Nikki Gogula, Fights Ram-Laxman & Vijay, Choregraphers Noble & Balaji, Editor Varma, Music & Produced by Ramana Gogula and Directed by a guy called Raj Pippalla. A very special thanks to a lady who has believed in the project and risked a lot, Anita Sakuru.

I am going with my friends to a theater called Vishwanath in Kukatpally, Hyderabad for the 11:45 show. This is a massy theater (a theater where the film loving mass crowd frequents). For the first time I will be sharing this film with friends and am nervous. I feel like I am waiting for the results of a test.

In the evening I plan to watch with 30 friends and well-wishers along with the theater crowds at Prasad’s. This is a multiplex theater. I am hoping to take my video camera and capture the before and after buzz of the movie.

I have to admit that I do feel good. I mean I am excited to watch my own movie. In the sense that sometimes when you shoot a funny scene. You are with it during the writing part, shooting, editing, sound, score etc… and by the time it comes out you have seen the joke a 100 times. But, as I await the release tomorrow, I have the same sense anticipation of an audience who is excited about a new release. I am just going to be one of the audience. I wrote it as an audience, I shot it as an audience, I did the post as an audience and am gonna watch it as one ☺ the only way to make and enjoy movies!

My friend Farrah corrected me about an earlier quote that I credited Martin Luther King on the blog about fear. It’s actually a famous quote from Marianne Williamson that Nelson Mandela used in his inaugural speech:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

I love the part about not shrinking to make others feel good. The challenge is to play big, to not shrink, yet make others happy, not insecure, about us being ambitious. In this manner we can resonate our strengths and exceed our potential!

Raj

1 comment:

  1. I've met Marianne several times and have heard her give speeches...she is a hugh supporter of the Department of Peace! I'd wish you good luck but in fact it's just good fate!

    ReplyDelete